Everybody has questions. We can only answer questions about Jensales.
Why Do You Need A Service (SVC) Manual?
The service manual tells you how to take the tractor apart, how to fix it, and how to put it back together again. It is the manual that the factory furnished the dealer's service department, and was not sent or given to individual retail customers. These are authentic manuals that deal with repairs in the language of a mechanic. Often times they include loads of valuable information as to specifications, torque settings, etc. If you are performing serious repairs or restoration, you need the shop service manual. It can give you many short cuts and save you much time.
Why Do You Need An Operator's (OPT) Manual?
The operator's manual (sometimes referred to as the owner's manual) is the manual that came with the tractor when it was new. The manual that was given to the ultimate consumer by the manufacturer. It can be compared to the manual you receive in the glove box of a new car. This manual gives the owner-operator instructions, shift patterns, capacities (anti freeze, crankcase, etc.) and adjustment procedures (brakes, clutch, etc.). This is a very useful and valuable tool in operating your tractor.
Why Do You Need A Parts (PTS) Manual?
The parts manual has exploded views of all parts on the tractor. With numbered pictures giving you great detail on assembly and disassembly. It also gives you a guide, with numbers, for ordering parts, and makes you seem much more informed when talking to the dealer. Many service manuals, after telling you how to disassemble, in detail, and how to repair, will simply say reassemble". If you have your PTO in the wash tank, in 30 pieces, without notes, you have a problem. The parts manual can help you out with an exploded view of the PTO unit, and you can see immediately how it all goes back together. You need the parts manual!
Are These Original Or Reproduction Manuals?
Our manuals are either a new original manual from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or a new reproduction of a clean, but used, OEM manual. Many of the manufacturers from the early days of mechanized farming are no longer in existence, along with their manuals. For that reason we have spent years gathering a collection of clean reproductions of those early manuals. We then use those master reproductions to continue to print additional copies for sale, allowing you to keep that vintage tractor operating. When they are available, we offer new manuals from the OEM.
Can You Explain Some Of The Titles?
Some of our manuals are labeled from the factory as "Operator's Manuals" or "Operating Instructions". In many cases, this is the only manual that was published and no "Shop Service" manual is available. Also, many times the "Operator's Manual" goes into good detail on repairs, and will do well to serve as the manual you need for those repairs. In any case, if you are not completly happy with what you get for what you paid, send it back for a cheerful refund. We want only happy customers who will tell others. Call or send us an email today!
What is "Market" Price?
Many of our OEM manual prices are set by the manufacturer or publisher. In order to avoid giving a false price or having to change the price after a purchase has been made, we simply ask our customers to contact us so we can ensure we quote the most accurate and current price at the time. We will always give you the best possible price!
What is your warranty, and what do you cover?
The majority of our parts include a warranty. Please contact us for further information.
Jensales Inc under no circumstances will be held liable for consequential damages to machines/components affected by a part failure, labor, or incorrectly installed parts. It is the customer’s responsibility to fully inspect the part and compare the part to the original.
All duty/customs charges are payable by recipient. Delays are possible. Contact your local office for more information.
What is your return policy?
YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR GOAL
This means just what it says! It is our intent to have happy customers so they will return to do more business with us. If for ANY reason you are not satisfied, please call 800-443-0625 so we may resolve or discuss your concerns you have with our product or service.
You must contact (800-443-0625) us within 30 days of receipt of the product so we can start the return authorization process. The item you want to return MUST be in the same condition as we shipped it. Obviously it cannot be damaged, used, dirty, taken apart, or abused in any way. We want you to be satisfied and become one of our faithful returning customers.
IMPORTANT RETURN POLICY:
It is important that you inspect your merchandise upon arrival. If you have any issues or concerns you MUST notify (800-443-0625) us so we can give you authorization to return the merchandise. All merchandise must be shipped freight PREPAID. As stated above, all merchandise MUST be in the same condition as was shipped. You will be issued a Return Merchandise Authorization/RMA PRIOR to shipping the merchandise. When you ship the item/s, please include a copy of the invoice. The RMA and your name must be written clearly on the OUTSIDE of the package. A proper refund will be issued after we have received and inspected the merchandise. A 15% restocking fee may be applied on returns other than shipping errors by us or merchandise determined defective.
In order for us to help you ALL RETURNS must:
- Be issued a Return Merchandise Authorization/RMA – call 800-443-0625
- Be assigned an RMA and be received within 30 days of purchase (a 15% restocking fee may apply).
- Returns after 30 days will be handled on a case by case basis and may be subject to a minimum 20% restocking fee.
In order for us to process your credit in a timely fashion you will need to follow the information stated above.
Any discrepancies or damaged items must be reported within 24 hours of receiving your order. Please contact us for further assistance.
What Makes Jensales Different?We offer superior customer service and top notch products.
- All manuals printed on bright white 8.5"x11" paper
- High resolution digital images
- Comb-bound for heavy use in the shop
- Full-size fold outs for schematics and diagrams
- Value Added Content/VAC: any available serial numbers, paint codes, and technical updates included
- Orders received by 1:00 pm CST shipped same day
- Every order comes with our legendary service. We care about your experience with us.
Are Reproductions As Good As The Original?
- Value Added Content: Whenever possible (and increasing every day) we include serial number runs, paint codes, and model number breakdowns to help you with your tractor. No other company, not even the factory, does this for you.
- Comb Binding: It is the most robust binding, it lays flat on your bench when you use it, and you can add to it if you need to. There's a reason your Grannie's favorite cookbooks are comb bound, and those same reasons are what make it the very best binding for tractor manuals.
- Fold Outs: Instead of reducing the size of those big schematics (electrical, hydraulic, etc) we print them out on 11x17 paper and Z-fold them so they will fit perfectly in with the rest of the manual. The first time you use one you will appreciate this feature immensely!
- Technical Bulletins: Many of our manuals include technical bulletins that were made available after the tractor and the manual were produced. This is invaluable information and not included with manuals from anyone else.
- Additional Content: We have hundreds of our popular titles that include additional content covering clutches, hydraulics, implements, and other add on components that the tractor often used. Again this is something you will get with our manuals and no others.
- Uniform size: Manuals are easier to use and easier to manage when they are all the same size, our manuals are printed on 8.5x11 super bright white paper for easy reading and use.